Welcome to Maple Leaf Meadows! We are excite you are here.
We began with one goal in mind: To create a program the horse would endorse. We want our horses to brag about our program to each other. We are here, afterall, because we love horses so why not let the horses have their input.
We adopted the motto, "What would the horse say?" and have based the design of our program keeping the horse at the forefront of every decsision we make.
Our focus at Maple Leaf Meadows is to provide a comprehensive, classical equine education for horse and rider. Our program is about more than riding. We are about creating a community of horse loving people who are committed to personal growth and evolvement. We have created the Passport to Education in accordance with industry standards.
Passport to Excellence
The PtoE follows a planned progression of comprehensive skill sets containing more than 1000 skills, beginning at the basic level and progressing to the most advanced levels of horsemanship. The contents of the skill sets are consistent with the expectations of the horse industry in the disciplines of hunters, jumpers, and dressage.
Objectives of the Passport to Excellence:
1. Develop horsemanship and safety skills.
2. Recognize individual rider accomplishments and achievements.
3. Educate youth, adults, and parents.
4. Promote cooperation, teamwork, and a sense of community.
5. Develop life and leadership skills through increasing confidence and self-worth.
6. Create tomorrow’s top riders and trainers today.
7. Accomplish goals within a session timeframe.
8. Be finacially accessable.
9. Develop riders and horses to meet or exceed industry standards.
The Passport to Excellence is divided into four major categories:
Learn to Ride - covering Level 1 and Level 2
Entry - covering Level 2
Training - covering Level 3 and Level 4
Academy - covering Levels 5-8
MLM offers training in three distinct disciplines; hunters, jumpers, and dressage. Foundational lessons and content is taught to all riders in the Learn to Ride and Entry levels. Once riders have advanced to the Training level, they will be given the option to focus on a specific discipline.